Saturday, October 1, 2011

Challenge - Glasses





I get compliments on my glasses all the time, from other Toned folks, and from just ordinary folks that see me at the grocery store, or at meetings. So I'm coming clean now about them. And sharing how I got them to look the way they are now.
Here's two pictures of what they used to look like. Ordinary black plastic Raybans, nice rectangular shape, silver sides.



I rarely wore them, but after getting Toned, I realized the shape was just right for a Tone III, but the black and silver was all wrong. Sheila always talks about adapting things. Her two favorite ways to adapt are by dyeing or by painting with nail polish. This looked like the perfect opportunity for nail polish!

SO - I bought a bunch of gold and bronze polishes and started to experiment. And, here are the results! I did this about 6 months ago, wear them every day and they might finally need a little touch up. Let me know if you have any questions!

2 comments:

  1. Very creative and cost-efficient too. Like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea as I am a tone 3 with black rims as well. Did it invalidate the warranty on the frames?

    ReplyDelete