Thursday, September 22, 2011

Challenges of being a Tone III

Each of the Tones has its unique challenges - many unique to the individual, some shared by everyone in the Tone. Here are some of the Challenges I'm finding as a Tone III.

1) Not finding a lot of our colors in the stores -
Our colors are perceived as fall colors, so that's when they come out. Also, our golden, earthy shades of the browns or greens might not be in fashion, so there might not be much of it at any time.

2) Not having a WHITE or really light color -
I love to wear all white or add white as a striking contrast (at least I used to). Also, white was often the base of my summer wardrobe, and I'm looking for a replacement for that look.

3) Flat Shoes - The style in flats these days is the round toe. That round toe really doesn't work for Tone IIIs, so I've got a number of "transitional" items, but still looking for that definitive pair.

4) Glasses -
I need to wear glasses, and glasses are a key way to project your Tone. So, making sure my glasses were in harmony with my Tone was one of my first projects. I've got a post coming soon about how I solved that problem, at least temporarily. One day I'll get a brand new pair.

5) Hair - Color and Cut -
This journey deserves an entire post of its own as well. According to Tone III recommendations, my hair is too long and too pale. Like anything else, it needs to be Rich, Dynamic, Textured, Angled, Sure and Substantial.

6) Work Out and Yoga Clothes -
Everyplace you look, all the work out shorts and yoga pants are black. Its rare to find them in any other color, like green or brown. Then, if you happen to find them, and they're the right shade of green or brown, they may not be the right style or fit. Dyeing and bleaching may be the answer.

7) Tennis Shoes -
They're always white or black, or round toed and Tone I gold. I think Tone III running shoes might be impossible, we'll see. If you have an answer, would love to hear it!

8) Nails -
The nail color is pretty straightforward, even if it takes a bit to get the perfect beige for your fingers, but for me it was the shape. Square is recommended, but my fingers really don't want to do anything but oval - not even squoval.

9) Bathing Suit -
We're going to an anniversary party in Hawaii this fall and I would love to be in a brand new Tone III bathing suit. I've already started looking. I saw something early this summer. It was the right brown, with a V-neck, and I didn't get it. Sheila says you need to always get things when you see them!

10) Color Nuances -
I was not that familiar with the Tone III colors when I started this journey. All the greens were simply green and browns were brown. I'm getting better now at seeing that something has too much gray, or too much white or lemon, or black, or blue.

11) Adapting -
Painting buttons was easy! I now have a collection of nail polish (I pick them up everywhere) and I've also started collecting dye when I see it, especially on sale. Now, just to dye something or to try bleaching - haven't taken on those challenges yet.

12) Blues and Purples -
All Tone III folks want to find those beautiful blues and purples that show on our fans. Those specific shades don't show up very often, when they're not in "style."

I'm sure there are more challenges I can't think of at the moment. What were yours? Have a solution to any of the challenges I've mentioned?

No comments:

Post a Comment