Sunday, September 18, 2011

On becoming a Tone III

We all react to finding out our Tone differently. For me, it was a shock. I had been told I was a Winter, way back in the day. So, I took that seriously and dressed in black, white and striking colors ever since. Also, I was raised in a very Tone I house, all blues and whites, and as a girl, dressed in pink. Never did like pink....

Anyway - not only did I not have ANY orange, green or brown in my wardrobe, but I rarely ever had. Quite a surprise to be told I should have been wearing colors that I had never been exposed to. The other surprise was accessorizing. Tone IIIs look better when they put on LOTS of angles. That can mean not just earrings, necklaces, and bracelets, but lots of bracelets and lots of necklaces and adding on a belt as well. Having been the small earrings, single simple piece, girl - that is a big change.

One of the proclaimed benefits to having a Toned closet, is getting dressed is quicker, simpler and faster - and I've found that to be the case. However, putting on the right accessories is my big challenge. Knowing which combination of items to put on is one of my many journeys.

In an upcoming post I'll share all the little challenges I'm having in order to be fully Tone III every time I walk out the door, top to bottom. So, for now, I'm still in transition and probably will be for a while!

Did you, or do you have some specific challenges, those couple of things that it took a while to find or adapt or afford, to complete your transformation? Share the challenges and the solutions right here!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, a friend of mine who was recently toned told me about your blog. I am a type 3 in the Dressing Your Truth system and from what I understand, they are extremely similar (e.g. we need angles, too, etc).

    And I was also told I was a winter way back when. I think that is partly because in the very beginning, color analysis focused on opposing your coloring. So if you had warm undertones, you wore cool colors to add balance.

    These days, they encourage wearing what is in harmony with your coloring.

    Anyway, I wanted to comment that I have always been drawn to oranges and browns and greens and was ecstatic to find out that I get to wear my favorite colors! And I have been loving it.

    Wearing so many accessories is new, though, and I am still adjusting!

    I've added you to my blogroll and look forward to reading more of your journey.

    Jeanine
    Dressing My Truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you were already in love with your colors! But, I'm truly starting to embrace them as well. I no longer think 'puke' when I see some of our mustard yellows, I think 'rich'. I'm thrilled to find you, and look forward to sharing our journeys. What fun!

    ReplyDelete